I found even more garbage in the harness I didn’t like. I couldn’t leave the harness in that garbage state and sell the car so I decided to tear it apart.
I’m putting in a 1-wire GM alternator, so I don’t need the voltage regulator. So I pulled all those wires out.
The horn relay was held together with electrical tape, so I pulled those wires apart, and I’ll put the horn relay in the EFI/engine fuse/relay box.
I’m going to hide the wires as best I can while I’ve got it all apart. The engine bay should look pretty tidy afterwards.
I ordered some non adhesive harness tape, and I’ll retape everything I tear apart.